Wednesday 26 September 2007

In For A Penny

I haven't been feeling well today. Last night I went to bed early with a sore throat and a general feeling of not wellness. I kept waking up during the night in a cold sweat. Was not too impressed by that. My night was also interrupted by some weird dreams. I can only remember one though.

I have a recurring dream where I can swim fly (I will explain more in a bit). The dreams where I swim fly aren't the same. Just the fact that I can swim fly is the the same in many dreams. So, swim flying is pretty simple. I just take a small jump up, do the breast stroke as if I were in a swimming pool and pull myself through the air by swimming. I have had a few dreams where I swim fly, and every time when I wake up I really wish I could do it. I don't think I've had any regular flying dreams, just swim flying, and it is awesome! So, I'm back at uni and everything is looking the same. I'm talking to Aino on the hill leading up to North Towers. We get to the top, she stays to talk to someone else and I swim fly to my tower and into the lift. The lift is very different. The tower didn't look taller from the outside, but the lift buttons go up to 30. I press 11, but the lift jumps about and takes me to a load of different floors before settling on 11. Nothing is the same when I get out. The corridor is wider and there are a lot of different rooms that I don't recognise. I know I'm looking for room 2 but I can't find it. I do, however, find a wardrobe in the corridor with a number 2 on it, and a desk opposite with a number 2 on it. Aino is sitting at a desk next to mine. I ask her what is going on and she explains that only some people have their own bedroom which they have to share with someone else. All other people have a desk, wardrobe and bed in the corridor. I look under my desk and there is a fold up bed there. We have our own key to lock our wardrobe and the drawer to our desk. We have to sleep and work in the corridor. There are loads of people wandering through the corridor as it is public right of way. Dani is in the kitchen but she doesn't know what it going on and doesn't seem to care as she doesn't have to live there. Aino is behaving as if everything is normal. Rebecka is in a bad mood with me because I keep asking her what is going on. She tells me to deal with it, and I just keep shouting "I can't get undressed in a corridor."

I don't know what any of that means and I'm not sure I want to know!

When I did eventually wake up properly this morning I still felt like crap so I wandered downstairs, had some medicine and then curled up on the sofa to watch a movie. I have had The Corpse Bride on DVD for ages but I have never seen it all the way through. I put it on before I go to bed and manage to fall asleep before it has ended. So today I thought I would watch that, but I again managed to fall asleep before it ended. I will one day watch it, hopefully.

I have also started a 100 Theme Challenge. On dA I have seen some people with this in their journals. There are 100 Themes and you have to create a piece of art that relates to each theme. I want to work through them in order, and this will hopefully give me the oomph to actually get some poetry written and some painting done, perhaps with a few photos and collages thrown in for good measure. As I hate to be without a deadline I am thinking that this will give me that bit of pressure to work under. I wrote a short story yesterday, and today I started some painting but didn't manage to get the colour right for the background so I will continue with that tomorrow.

No comments: